a child touching father s face
  1. EAD Application: To work in the U.S. as a J-2 dependent, individuals must apply for an EAD through USCIS. The EAD allows them to work legally and is typically issued for a specific period.
  2. No Need for Employer Sponsorship: Unlike the J-1 primary visa holder, J-2 dependents do not need specific job offers or employer sponsorship to apply for an EAD. They can seek employment once they receive their EAD.
  3. Work Anywhere: With an EAD, J-2 dependents can work for any employer in the United States, including part-time or full-time positions.
  4. EAD Validity: The EAD’s validity period is determined by the USCIS and is typically tied to the J-1 visa holder’s program end date. However, in some cases, it may be limited to the J-2’s status expiration date or for a shorter duration.
  5. EAD Application Process: J-2 dependents should file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with the USCIS, along with the required supporting documents and fees.
  6. Employment Limitations: J-2 dependents are not subject to the same employment restrictions as J-1 visa holders, and they are not bound by the “two-year home country physical presence requirement” that can apply to some J-1 participants.
error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this: