USA Teacher Exchange Program

About program:

The Teacher Exchange Program is a program designed to provide foreign educators the opportunity to explore a new educational and cultural environment through full time positions in the United States.

How long will you be teaching in the U.S.A for ?

Teachers on this program may teach in the USA for at least 1 year. You may also be eligible to extend your teaching contract for an additional year or two; making your program duration 3 years. After the program, teachers will return to Jamaica to share their experiences and knowledge of the United States, its educational system, culture, society, and teaching practices.

So whats the purpose of this program ?

This program sharpens Teachers’ professional skills and methodologies, and provides opportunities to participate in cross-cultural activities at host schools and in communities across the United States.

Explore your career outside of Jamaica

Increase your knowledge and understanding of the United States culture and the U.S. educational system.

Add valuable international work experience to your Resume !



  1. Must be qualified to teach at the kindergarten, primary or secondary level in Jamaica.
  2. Currently employed as a Teacher at the time of your application.
  3. Must have two (2) or more years of full-time teaching experience.
  4. Candidates must intend to teach in the area of their Degree/qualification.

Other Requirements

  1. Clean police record
  2. Applicants must have good reputation and character.
  3. Possess sufficient proficiency in the English language.

Benefits of using I-SATS Jamaica ?

Payment plan

Make a down payment. Work and pay for your outstanding program fee balance while in the USA .

Across the USA

Placement all over the United States such as California , Arizona , Colorado ,Michigan , New Mexico, Rhode Island , Texas Virginia , Wisconsin , Washington (State) and lots more !

Who you may bring along?

Applicants may bring along their dependents on a J2 Visa. Dependents include spouse and children (under 21 ). BENEFITS: Dependents may apply for a work permit after arriving in the United States. Children may be enrolled in a public school or private school.


All internship/trainee program requires insurance. This cost is included in your Program fee.


No need to worry about housing accommodation in the USA . Job placements come with a housing solution for you.

Visa application assistance.

The J1 Visa Application may be challenging for the first time. However we at ISATS Jamaica help all our applicants with their Visa application; and we ensure all requirements are fulfilled in accordance with the US Embassy guidelines for your J1 Teacher Visa.


Earn between: US$35,000– USD$52,000 (Annually) or – JMD$416,600 -JMD$ 618,949.50 Per Month

Support you and your dependents while in the USA. Any assistance you may need while on the program, our overseas partners will be there to assist you!

Paid Day offs. Enjoy Your Day offs wherever and however you want -Shopping , Dinner , party etc !

Network with other people and develop meaningful and long-lasting connections.

Explore different cities or States

Stand out for your next job interview with practical/hands-on international experience .


Application Stages:


Apply online and Submit all your documents .


Wait for a telephone, Skype interview or in-person interview for further assessment.


You will be given an invoice to pay your fees online or at the Bank (NCB)


Wait for another interview with the Visa Sponsor and Employer.


We will then process your Certificate of Eligibility through our sponsor in order for you to obtain your appropriate class visa.


Book your flight and enjoy your experience !


Mandatory Pre-departure orientation


Question: Do I Have to pay immediately when I sign up online ?

No. We do not require payments immediately. We would need to check your credentials to ensure that you are qualified for the program first.

Question: Can I choose the state where I want to be placed?

Yes, you can “suggest” where you would like to be placed however ,your suggested placement is contingent to availability and is therefore not guaranteed.

Question: Can I travel to Jamaica in the event of emergency ?

After you’ve arrived in the USA, in order to leave before your program end date , there are specific procedure that are necessary before you leave the USA. Failure to follow these procedures may result in termination of program and difficulty in re-entering the USA .

How much does my program cost?

The cost of participation in the program will vary, depending on the length of time you plan to work in the U.S. and if you will bring any dependents. There are monthly installments available should you require financial assistance.

Can I work a second job while teaching?

No. The only work you are permitted to do while in the U.S. on a J-1 Teaching Visa is at your “designated host school” indicated on your DS-2019. You will be provided with a job to cover your finances while in the USA , therefore you do not have any need to work a second job. Any unauthorized work outside of your J-1 host school is forbidden and is grounds for cancellation of your J-1 visa status.

Can I arrive before the start date of my program ?

Yes. You may arrive to the United States on your J-1 or J-2 Visa up to 30 days prior to the start date indicated on your DS-2019 document. Many participants choose to do this in order to find housing and get settled and acclimated to their new town prior to starting their training experience.

Can I bring my legal spouse ?

Yes. You may apply for sponsorship and issuance of DS-2019 documents for your legal spouse and/or unmarried children that are under the age of 21 at time of your J-1 application. Your dependents will be termed J-2 Dependents, and will be linked to all aspects of your J-1 Visa and associated responsibilities. Please let us know during your application process if you would like to bring along any dependents.

Can my spouse work in the United States while I’m teaching ?

Yes. J-2 Dependents are eligible to work in the United States once they file for and obtain an Employment Authorization Document, often called an “EAD Card”, from USCIS. This cannot be obtained until you and your dependents have arrived in the country. Please let us now if you would like this service. The process takes approximately 1-3 months from initiation.

Can I switch from a regular Visitor B1/B2 Visa ?

 In order to be eligible to apply for the Teacher Exchange Program, you must be currently working as a teacher outside the United States. Therefore, you are not able to apply for the Teacher Exchange Program if you are currently in the United States on a different type of visa.

Any further questions ?

error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this: